The living room is the best space in the house to communicate, meet, enjoy and share things with the people you love and care about. This is why a lot of homeowners pay a lot more attention to the design ideas of the living room. It is simply a space that would be defining the personality of your house. Therefore, make sure that it always keeps shining. Don’t leave any stones unturned in making sure that this room looks warmer and more welcoming to the visitors as well. The better the living room you create, the better your impression would be. Here are simple living room design ideas that would definitely be making your room better than ever before.
- Always make sure that you have a spacious living room. Space is something that all the homeowners need. It is not about cramming your room up with different kinds of furniture items. Therefore, keep it as spacious as possible. Don’t think that empty spaces would make your room look bad. In fact, the modern design ideas definitely follow this idea.
- Always make sure that you use light furniture in the living room. Unless you are living in a 1800s style mansion that has a very gothic appeal, there is absolutely no need for you to opt for heavy and antique designs. Opt for something that is more modern. This helps in making your living room appear better than ever. Also ensure one more thing. You have to decide between the different kinds of lighter furniture ideas. Therefore, chose wisely.
- Asian style living room design ideas are quite in vogue these days. This is because you would be getting a very light furniture concept that matches with the ideas of spaciousness. This further helps in making user that you are able to create an impact on all your visitors. The Asian style living rooms are completely different from living rooms we are habitual of seeing. Therefore, they have a great appeal. If you are looking for a peaceful living room, you should be opting for this style.
- Cover only 1/3rd of your room with sofas. In fact, you should be making sure that the primary seating of your house covers no more than a third of your room. If this proportion can be lower, it would be even better. For very large villas and mansions, smaller proportions would come naturally. However, for others, paying attention to this factor would become an absolute necessity.
- Never use dull colors in your living room. Colors are defined as warm and cool colors. Though warmer colors are generally preferred, you can also add cool colors accents and vice versa to create the perfect balance between the two. If you live in an urban setting, forget about using any dark colors unless you have a statement living room with luxurious sofas and decorative items.
- Always buy furniture first and decorate items later. The more you follow this rule, the more chances of success you would be having.